"Pippa's Song", by Robert Browning

The Year's at the spring,
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hill-side's dew-pearl'd;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in His heaven-
All's right with the world!

Pippa's Song, by Robert Browning

Monday, April 13, 2015

After the break-up

Shall we be strangers again, you and I?
Shall we walk on opposite sides of the leafy lane where we once held hands?
Shall we turn our faces away when we see each other again?
I look at my silent phone and wonder how to fill up the empty hours when your voice filled my ears, and dreams, my heart
When the Sociology, Accounts, Physics textbooks were shields to cover the goofy smile on my face..........
And I wish there was someone I could talk to
Someone who would listen, silently
Someone who would let me be silent
Who would not be constantly checking their wrist watches/ mobiles because they have to be someplace else
And not judge
Or offer opinions, because I don't want them
Or tell me what I should/should not do
Or criticise, because there is nothing anyone can say, which I have not told myself already
Someone who would give me time to lick my wounds and become whole again
Someone who would teach me that there is always life, even after a broken heart
And that bitterness is not the answer
Nor is despair
And that as long as there is life, there is hope.

3 comments: